First Aid Procedures
Effective from September 2020/21
STUDENTS TAKING REGULAR MEDICATION
- Students on regular medication need to leave it with the Principal First Aider and take it from her room at the right time.
- At times, some students choose to carry their own medication. Parents need to inform the Year Leader and First Aiders if this is the case.
STUDENTS FEELING UNWELL WITHIN THE SCHOOL DAY
If a child is feeling unwell she/he can be sent to the Student Support Room in each zone. The teacher/support staff there can support these individuals and contact the FAs, if necessary.
To support common ailments and complaints, each zone will have:
- First Aid box (plasters, antiseptic wipes, small bandage)
- Infrared thermometer
- Drinking water and paper cups
- Biscuits (individually wrapped) - for sugar / energy
- Sanitary products
- Ice packs
- No paracetamol or other oral medication will be given.
Parents are told not send in their child with any of the Covid symptoms:
- New and continuous cough
- Loss of taste or smell
If COVID is suspected by the teacher or any adult dealing with the child
- The unwell student is instructed to leave the building at once and walk towards The Link.
- The FA meets the unwell student at The Link and escorts them to the dedicated Covid Room.
- FA calls home for the parent to collect.
- Once the parent is in reception, the FA will bring the child over.
- Parent is instructed to arrange a Covid test.
OTHER SERIOUS MEDICAL NEEDS
- FA collects the child takes to FA area in The Link (not the Covid Room)
- FA administers assistance until parent / paramedics arrive.