The Beacon School House System aims to achieve and encourage the following principles:
To further develop the students spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding and awareness
- To build a community within each House
- To build healthy competition and a sense of pride in the House
- To provide opportunities for students to learn from other year groups and their experiences
- To provide role models for the younger students
- To develop leadership opportunities throughout the school
The House names were voted for by the students, parents, carers, teachers and governing body, from groups that represented people or important technological advances that have’ led the way’ in our world history and today’s society. The final House names selected were:Names of Space Shuttles that have ‘led the way’ to other planets.
ATLANTIS HOUSE - Head of House: Miss N Chaieb
DISCOVERY HOUSE - Head of House:
ENDEAVOUR - Heads of House: Mr C Sullivan and Mrs Connolly-Webb
EXPLORER - Head of House:
The House system gives all of our students the opportunity to participate in House celebration assemblies, competitions and of course, win valuable points for their Houses. House 'Proud' points are awarded through a range of different ways, for example through good attendance, positive behaviour, participation in extra-curricular activities, competitions and representation in sports teams and tournaments or school events.