Uniform Protective Services
The fundamental intent of our curriculum is:
To ensure competency in literacy, numeracy and oracy
To give students the disciplinary knowledge in a broad range of subjects to allow them to enter the future pathway of their choice
To equip the students with the knowledge and skills relevant to life in the 21st century
To nurture students to become curious, resilient, empathetic, reflective and who aim for excellence.
Subject curriculum intent:
- Help students to develop an understanding of the Uniformed Protective Services.
- Help students develop key life skills that they can take forward into employment; organisation, independent research/work, ability to present a presentation and work methodically.
- Behaviour and discipline in the uniformed protective services
- Teamwork, leadership and communication in the uniform protective services
- Police powers and the law
- Expedition skills