Core purpose and values
For The Beacon School to be an inclusive and thriving learning community which prepares students for life through giving them the qualifications, skills and confidence they need to succeed in the wider world. This results from highly effective teaching, an enriching and challenging curriculum and a caring and supportive ethos.
Our purpose is to strive for exceptional learning and through this endeavour we make a commitment to our community.
- Teaching will inspire, engage, motivate and have high expectations of all students to achieve their very best and this will be led by highly skilled practitioners
- Our rich curriculum will offer the breadth and depth to equip all students with the academic, personal and social skills and the knowledge and understanding required to be successful members of their local and wider community
- Students will study in a culture of mutual respect where curiosity, reflection, resilience and empathy are developed and celebrated
Our commitments are built upon the key foundations of our values of pursuing excellence and respect:
- Excellence : for all members of the school community to develop their strengths and what they are already good at, but also to commit to improving areas where they are not as strong. We believe that in order to achieve excellence you have to be able to set yourself apart from the rest and continually improve yourself in order to achieve the best that you are capable of.
- Respect : to show respect for The Beacon School and everyone in our community including yourself, for learning and to show integrity in everything that you do.