BFA Fundraising - How you can support us
Helping you, to help us, help our children - here are some of the ways you can help us right now:
- Come to the BFA Fundraising Team meetings. We are always looking for new members to our small and friendly team to help launch the new BFA Fundraisers initiatives and look at a whole host of new fundraising opportunities and events. We can't do this without new members so please come along to our next meeting on 23rd April 2019 at 7pm in school.
- ParentPay - next time you are topping up a finger or paying for a school trip, why not consider adding an extra donation to the BFA (just select it from the list into your basket). This money comes straight to us and makes a big difference. Some 200 of the 800 families in school are supporting us in this way already and have raised over £2000. Just imagine what we could do if everyone popped an extra £2/£5/£10 into their ParentPay basket every now and then.
- EasyFundraising - sign up to EasyFundraising. It is quick and simple to set up and costs you nothing at all (and you can do it all from the luxury of your own living room). You simply activate donations when you make major purchases online from all the major retailers. Use EasyFundraising to shop with over 3,600 retailers including Amazon, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com, eBay, Boden, and M&S. Just select the Beacon Friends' Association as your preferred cause. About to book your summer holiday? Do it through EasyFundraising and you could make a world of difference to us as well.
- The Beacon School Car Boot Sale - Saturday 27th April 2019. Having a clear-out or looking for a bargain? Well our car boot sale could just be the thing you are looking for. And the great thing is that it is on a hard standing so no muddy fields to traipse through. It is £10 for advance bookings, £12 on the day. No vans or trailers. From 8am for setup and 9am general admission. Public entry will be via donation. Free car and disabled parking.
- Match giving, or match funding, is a simple way to maximise the fundraising efforts of our Fundraising Team. It is an arrangement between a company and an employee. Usually, a company pledges to match a sum of money relating to the amount the employee has either raised or donated to a charity. Some companies will pledge time and resources instead of money, enabling their employees to support a cause during their working week. Or a tangible service may be offered, such as the opportunity to print posters, programmes and newsletters. If your company offers any of these options under their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme please let us know. Match funding our Christmas Prize Draw can simply double our proceeds from £1,500 to £3,000.