The school uses a biometric cashless catering system for purchasing food and drink at the school. The system has been used for some years with great success and brings a number of important benefits:
- A faster more efficient service so that queuing time is reduced;
- Parents pay on-line via ParentPay reducing the need for students to carry cash into school;
- The system is ‘live’ meaning accounts are credited instantly even though it is via the internet;
- Parents have increased confidence that money for food is being used for the intended purpose; The system places a daily spending limit of £5.00 on each account;
- The system is used to encourage ‘healthy eating’.
Students entitled to free meals will have a daily credit automatically applied to their account ensuring the entitlement remains completely confidential.